Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Act of Faith: Malasa Apostolate Reflection I

The first Sunday Apostolate I had in Malasa, Bamban, Tarlac can be described as an act of faith. On the way to Tarlac, a lot of thought came into my mind about our apostolate. I thought it would be another typical ministry we have in the seminary: retreat and recollection facilitation. Boring thoughts started to flood my mind. But before I felt asleep in the van we took, I prayed. I prayed that God grant me strength to face with courage and ample creativity anything and anyone that I would meet in Malasa. To Him I entrusted everything. Indeed the Lord did not disappoint me. 

I was tasked to preside over the liturgy of the Word and the Communion Rite before the gathered people of Malasa. As I led them in the celebration, I saw in these people of God the thirst and yearning for His Word and for the Eucharist. I saw in them the need for a pastor who would tend them, guide them towards the path of Light. I saw in the faith of these gathered people of God, Jesus Himself present in their midst forming a community of believers, forming a domestic church. And that strengthened me. That strengthen my vocation: God calling me to tend His sheep and feed His flock. 

What I thought to be a boring and usual ministry turned out to be an encounter of faith between the community of Malasa and me: an act of faith between us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment