Sunday, September 29, 2013

DEDICATION

Deciding to dedicate one’s self for an appropriate interest is quite difficult, yet fruitful in the end. But many people did not struggle to endure such difficulty. At the end of their lives, they succeed in no definite field of this world. Worst is, their relationship with other people was also affected. This is very true to many people in other countries, especially developed countries wherein most of the people prioritize their work than their family. Giving more priority to work often lead them to unhappy life. 



In their novel, ‘The Rule of Four’, Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason truly illustrated the importance of being decided, as early as possible, on being committed in a particular matter, and to remain loyal to such commitment. Tom, the fictitious leading character created by these two creative and clever authors for their novel, give us an idea about a typical American college student, a confuse yet eager person. He was torn between two of his interest, namely to Katie, his girlfriend, and to Hypnerotomachia, a medieval mysterious text fastened with puzzles which is his father’s frustration to solve, but unfortunately his father wasn't able to inked the solution to the Hypnerotomachia because of a car accident. At the end of the story, Tom chose the appropriate interest for him, he chose Katie. He chose her than the ancient puzzle, the article in his life that had made him miserable in the darkness of a secluded library, instead of a world where his friends, together with him, enjoins the blessing of the Creator.    

Have we ever asked ourselves what do we really prioritize in life? Have we dedicated our total attention to the matter we ought to prioritize? Or are we trying to sail to two rivers at the same time, undecided?

In my stay here in the seminary, I learned to dedicate myself to the life which I had decided to commit myself, which God gives to me. Thought difficult, I always do my best to do things, not for the sake of doing them as required but for the own betterment of my life, for my future service to the people of God and to God Himself. there are many challenges that I face every day. But I continue to be dedicated and committed in this life God gave to me; I chose to live.


Truly, in the sacred scripture, Christ had said that we can not serve two masters at the same time otherwise you will hate the other and will love the one. Same us in our life, we can not live a double life. The act of living is itself called ‘focus’; giving our full attention, force, energy, and passion in our aim. And if ever we woke up one morning with the dilemma of two interests, may we learn to choose the best that fits our identity, our being human

No comments:

Post a Comment