Thursday, February 15, 2018

ON MINISTRY


Ministry is participating in Christ's work towards His people. I thought before, ministry as my work, my contribution to the Church. In my hospital internship, I  realized it is Christ who makes the visits to the patients. If it is not too presumptuous to say, it is Christ whom they ought to see and experience. It is Christ whom I ought to bring in every patient I visit; Christ who is ready to listen to their problems, Christ who feels their pains. I am Christ's instrument. It is wonderful to realize that Christ can use even a fragile, a broken instrument to make His presence felt. As a minister participates in Christ's ministry, he has to be in touch with his own emotions, with his humanity, as Christ did. Without such, Christ the wounded, sorrowful, tearful, hungry, desolated will find it difficult to work through a "super-man."      

No comments:

Post a Comment