Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Watching a Kilig Movie ALONE!!!


Once I had a chance to watch a movie in a cinema house. It was my long desired respite after a tiring week of works and deadlines. Before leaving the seminary, I already had a title of the movie that I would watch. I thought of watching ‘The Mistress.’ The movie had been a talk of the town for some weeks since its first screening. I deemed such to be an enough reason to watch it.



Upon arriving in the cinema house, I immediate went to the ticket booth. I checked for an available seat for the 4 pm screening. I thought at first, I would be waiting for the 6 pm screening. The seats seemed to be all taken. But lo and behold I found a seat: seat number K 19. I took the queue and crossed finger waited for my turn to procure for a ticket. I prayed that the seat would not be taken by others. Thank God, no one did. I approached the lady clerk and asked for a 4 pm seat. She politely replied ‘Wala na po, sir.’ But how could that be when I just saw seat K 19 available. ‘Hindi’ I said ‘meron pa.’ I asked her to flash in the monitor the seats taken and untaken. ‘ O, eto meron pa’ I pointed to the available seat. ‘Ah isa lang ba sir?’ she asked. ‘Oo, isa lang.’ I said. ‘Di nga, sir, isa lang?’ replied then accompanied with little giggles. ‘Oo, isa lang talaga.’ I answered back with a bit of irritation. She gave to me the ticket: seat K 19. I immediately paid, and left the booth.



I still did have an hour before 4 pm. I thought I could still have a cup of coffee, among the cafe in the (mall) garden. Indeed I had. While taking a sip, I thought of checking the details of the ticket such as its freebies and location of the cinema. I brought out the ticket from my wallet and placed it on the table. Suddenly, my conversation with the lady clerk came into my mind. I could not imagine her disbelief that I was alone. And in finding that I was saying the truth that I would be watching a movie alone, she could not help herself but giggled. What was funny in watching a movie alone? I asked myself. I thought none. But on a second thought, indeed something seemed to be wronged in the picture. It was a romantic movie. Indeed, pity for him who had no one to share the love and romance that the movie radiated. Really funny. Pity for me.

Looking at the ticket on my table, I realized how many times I had been alone. I had been doing some things by myself, though I may have my so-called community. There are simply things meant to be done alone. I had no one to blame for this. It was my choice or at least one of the consequences of my choice to embrace religious life.

The one ticket on my table signifies the fact that I am alone, occasionally. Indeed, sometimes I am alone, but I thank God, I never been lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment